Email this page to a friend
HughesNet® High Speed Internet
NO CABLE, NO DSL, NO PROBLEM!
Now everyone can enjoy high-speed Internet. Even if you can't get cable or DSL, you can now enjoy the Internet the way it was meant to be. HughesNet is the high-speed Internet solution that's available to everyone in the contiguous United States with a clear view of the southern sky, even in areas where cable and DSL don't reach! HughesNet uses satellite technology to give you a super-fast, always-on Internet connection so you can enjoy the Internet the way it was meant to be.
Here are just a few of the benefits HughesNet high-speed Internet can give you.
- Save time by downloading large files in minutes, not hours!
- Get what you want, when you want it!
- Speed enables a couple to spend more time together..
- Speed enables a student to get better grades due to more extensive research.
- Speed enables a shopper to save money due to the ability to research more sites.
- Speed provides for a more enjoyable Internet experience.
- More Speed = Less Frustration!!!
The HughesNet high-speed Internet service does not require a phone line. Everything is done by satellite. And because it is an "always on" connection, you no longer are waiting for dialing and logging on. Just open your Internet browser and you are online!
- No phone line required
- Frees up phone line for personal calls
- Save money - Dump that dedicated land line.
- No more wasted time waiting for modem to dial network.
- No more listening to the annoying beep, beep, beep, and brrrrrr as your modem dials.
- No more wasted time logging on.
- Instant access!
- HUGHES® is the world leader in satellite-data communications, they invented the technology.
- Over 30 years of satellite communications experience.
- Over 1.2 million systems shipped worldwide, over 400,000 in the United States.
- Used by many of the largest corporations in the world.
- Hughes manages its own NOC (Network Operations Center) - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at Hughes-owned facilities in Maryland, Nevada, and Michigan. They don't subcontract out this critical network management function as some other companies do.
- Hughes uses a network of nearly a dozen satellites, providing more network reliability. This also gives an installer an option to point the antenna at another satellite if the primary satellite is blocked by trees or buildings.
- There are no problems with "beam closures" for new installs. New customers are not turned away due to capacity constraints. This means Hughes is adding new customers everyday and everywhere.
- Hughes provides an antenna 12% larger than the other guys. In satellite communications, the bigger the antenna, the more signal received, and the more reliable the connection. Still only 30 inches across, the extra few inches can make a BIG difference in system performance and reliability.
- Hughes uses the latest technology: Ka band transmissions with DVB-S2 with ACM. This "alphabet soup" will give you:
- Increased data transfer rates (more speed).
- Automatic power adjustments to compensate for bad weather conditions.
- Patented "Turbo Page" software - accelerates HTTP traffic
- Hughes HN9000S modem optimizes TCP over satellite transmissions.
- Unique "fetching" technique for faster downloads.
Everything you need, right at your fingertips. Customize to meet your personal requirements.
- Get information easily and quickly with one click to powerful search engines:
- Robust content from industry-leading sources.
- AP, Reuters, NY Times, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, USA TODAY.
- CNN, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, Reuters, CelebTV.com, and Tribune Media Services.
- News, Sports, Weather.
- Full personalization.
- No banner ads and no pop-ups.
- Drag and drop content widgets.
- Access local content - zip code based.
- Set-up quick links to favorite site with embedded password.
- One click to customer service and emails.
- Parental Controls - permission-based access tools give the head of household the tools to control surfing activity of family members. -New-
- Peace of mind due to built-in protection for important data.
- Conditional access prevents data from being intercepted.
- Triple DES encryption to secure every transmission, protecting your sensitive and personal data.
- Used by many state lottery systems and government agencies.
- Millions of financial transactions handled every day.
HughesNet email Mail is safe, secure, and easy to use. It is feature packed with plenty of space. And a web-mail interface is included so you can access your email when you're away from home, anywhere you have Internet access.
- 2 GB storage box.
- 5 or more mailboxes (depending on plan chosen).
- Web/mail interface.
- Shared calendar.
- Address book.
- Anti-virus and Anti-spam filters included in all plans!
- Safe and secure email defense. No more spam, viruses, worms, or phishing.
- Compatible with any email client that supports POP3 and SMTP protocols.
- The domain of your email address will be @Hughes.net
- Operating systems
- Windows, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista
- Macintosh, 10.1 or higher
- Windows: Pentium II, 333 MHz or faster
- Macintosh: 300 MHz or faster
- Free hard drive space
- Windows: 100 MB
- Macintosh: 150 MB
- 10/100 Ethernet network capability
Hughes offers it customers full support in many options.
- 24/7 toll-free technical hotline support.
- HughesNet Online Customer Care Page for quick access.
- Customer Support.
- Account Information.
- Billing Information
- Quick Solutions.
- One click to customer service and emails.
- Online customer knowledge base
- 24-month limited product warranty
- 180-day in-home labor support, if required.
- Optional Services (additional fees apply):
- Optional next-business-day or 2-business day repair plans available.
- Optional Networking configuration support available.
Below are the highlights of the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Please refer to the guarantee page
for full details.
We appreciate the trust you place in us!
- Get peace of mind with the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- If you are not completely satisfied
- Cancel within 30 days of activation.
- Return modem and transmitter (in good condition) within 60 days for refund.
- Installation charges and other fees are not refundable.
- Hughes provides instructions on how to de-install and return equipment.
- Antenna, mount, cables:
- Customer not required to return for refund.
- Hughes not obligated to de-install or pay for de-installation.